My friend Charles Vess asked me to post the following information, and I'm very happy to do so. . . .
Charles says: Every year my local library has a fundraiser called A Tisket, A Tasket, A Literary Basket. Hundreds of literary themed baskets are assembled by interested patrons and auctioned off at a live event raising much need funds to purchase books and refurbish the various public library locations around Washington Co. Virginia. This year I thought that I would jump in and help:
A Susanna Clarke/Charles Vess Literary Basket for a charity auction to benefit The Washington Co. Public Library Foundation.
Bidding will open Monday, April 4 at 12:01 AM EST
Auction closes on Saturday, April 9 at 4:00 PM EST.
Included in the basket is:
• US first edition of Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell (signed by the author),
• British first edition of The Ladies of Grace Adieu (signed by the artist),
• US first edition of The Ladies of Grace Adieu (signed by the artist),
• One framed original pencil drawing for the title page design of The Ladies of Grace Adieu (signed by the artist),
• Assorted promotional material for The Ladies of Grace Adieu,
• A Fall of Stardust, a benefit portfolio including 30 art plates* and one chapbook written by Neil Gaiman (signed by the artist) and one chapbook written by Susanna Clarke (signed by the artist).
• Drawing Down the Moon, The Art of Charles Vess with foreword by Susanna Clarke, signed by the artist with a remarque.
Any of the books illustrated by the artist can be personalized on request.
To view details of all books and the original art, and for how-to-bid information, please go here.
* One of those art plates is by me. - TW